Swell things in the mail...

Swell (myspace page) are one of my favorite bands... and they're horribly underappreciated. I think I like having bands like this who never really bubbled up to the masses, that way I can feel like it's something special to me... but whatever the reason, I think they're amazing. Ever since I saw the video for "Forget About Jesus" on Citylimits I liked them and 41 (as I've said before) is among my top albums of all time.
A while ago Pitchfork they mentioned a new album and "lost" collection but I sort of forgot about it until a friend reminded me. I ordered them and they arrived today in the mail putting me in a good mood despite also finding my roommate home. The Lost Album is made up of tracks that were recorded in the Too Many Days Without Thinking period, I have most of them as b-sides but they're all great. While I've only had a quick listen to the new album; South Of The Rain And Snow, it still has all the elements I love from classic Swell. It's made up of more raw recordings that remind me of the early days, I can't wait to get more acquainted. Go Buy Them NOW!

Easy from The Lost Album

Saved By Summer from South Of The Rain And Snow

Here's the video that got my attention.

No comments: