CMW

CMW or Canadian Music Week is a happening this week in Toronto. Sadly this year it's a bit less impressive to me than in the past as most of the bands playing ome through town regularly or are from here. The only thing that really caught my eye is The Breeders but it's already starting and I'm just not into trucking across town and paying $30 for a show that I'm only half into. So tonight I will venture out into the blizzard that's hitting and go see Dog Day and few other folks from my old stomping ground.

Here's a couple of new tunes that excite me.

The Notwist - Good Lies I loved Neon Golden, been waiting patiently for a proper release to come along. Not much longer now.

dEUS (feat Karin Drejer) - Slow They've always been floating under the radar, were kind of hit and miss for me at first, then I sort of ignored them for a while until I heard Pocket Revolution. The first track from that, Bad Timing, was this epic song that just builds and knocks you on your ass. Slow is really great too, very promising for the new album. I love the contrast of Karin's (from The Knife) voice. Good shit.

And in my early prep for next Friday's Gutter Twins show, here's The Twilight Singers live with Mark Lanegan.
Live With Me
Where Did You Sleep Last Night

No comments: