I seen a bunch of punx

First off, The Gutter Twins show was great (as I expected), I won't give a full review since there are already some that get the point across. However there were some surprises at this show.
I had expected much like with The Twilight Singers that the setlist wouldn't deviate much between towns, especially since there's just one album's worth of material to play. It kind of works for Dulli as he almost aims for that soul revue kind of format going from town to town; some bit sof the show may be rehearsed, but it's only to make it more entertaining. Since I've been listening to the show from Paris I expected pretty much the same thing. It was true for the proper set but when the encore started with I'm Ready it was a welcome surprise. And in lieu of No Easy Action they pulled Hit The City from the Lanegan catalog with Dulli hitting the PJ Harvey parts. Great stuff.

Saturday was when the punks came into the picture. First off with Doomsday, which is a perfect big screen b-movie. Don't expect anything too new (unless you've never seen Road Warrior, Escape From New York and the likes) but it's good for a fun night out.

Sunday was when it was time to be among the punks and see The Vandals. Never been a huge follower but the show was a really fun time. A tight, melodic and very funny band having a good time with a very enthusiastic crowd. I know, that review is generic as shit but it's all I feel like writing. let the music do the talking I guess.

The Vandals - Girls Turn 18 Every Day

And I was there with a good friend of mine who used to be in a great Vandals-influenced band...
The Dean Malenkos - I Just Wanna Make A Fuss

No comments: