Sunless Saturday

I didn't go outside once while is was nice out... going out for beer soon.

Going to post an album by one of my favorite bands ever Swell - 41




I discovered the band when I saw the video for "Forget About Jesus" on Citylimits (late night indie music videos), picked up the album and fell in love. It has a dark intensity that kind of draws you in, kind of like the second Tindersticks album. There are great songs on it but it's best heard as a whole. This band should have been much bigger... not quite Nirvana size, but certainly as popular as Pavement or Guided By Voices.

Get more Swell from emusic

And here's a tune that's stuck in my head
Malcolm Middleton - Death Love Depression Love Death (get it here)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link to Malcolm Middleton - I'm an eMusic member so I snagged the album. Swell is also one of my most favorite bands, and I just wish Freel and whoever else would go on tour.

Desmond said...

According to their blog on myspace Freel is working on new stuff, so that's awesome news.

Been a while since they've done much touring in my neck of the weeds, but it'd be high on my list to see.