a couple of great label samplers

I just got a couple of label samplers that are both pretty great.

The first is Binky Griptite's Ghetto Funk Power Hour which is a mix of stuff from Daptone Records. It's divided up into sections but not by track, so you'll have to buy the stuff at your local shop or go here to download some of it.

I've also got a great Light in the Attic Records mix HERE. I really love this label and this disc makes an easy case for why. They've got a great mix of classics with Betty Davis, Karen Dalton & Jackie Mittoo and some new stuff like The Black Angels. I really recommend the Jamaica to Toronto compilation, not just because I'm living in Toronto now but because it's a vibrant collection of music you never really hear about. The Summer Records follow up is great too, fantastic dub from a shitty part of town near where I work. You should really go download more now.

No comments: