Tindersticks return

The Tindersticks slowly became one of my favorite bands... and it really snuck up on me when it happened. I guess mostly because I was introduced to them quite slowly, a few tracks on compilations here and there and the second album (which was the first thing I really listened to) didn't grab me right away. I eventually realized it's a masterpiece from start to finish and pretty much everything that came after it grew onto me just as much.

They're also one of those bands I have dreamed of seeing live but living in Halifax really meant that wasn't going to happen. But now they're getting a new album together, so there is hope of a tour and I will do what I can to see one of the shows. I got to see Stuart Staples about a year ago and he was great, but it lacked the intesity the a Tindersticks album usually carries for me. The new album, The Hungry Saw, is coming out April 28 (likely the 29th in North America), The Flicker Of A Little Girl has been posted on their Myspace page and through Pitchfork.

Also here's a live show from Amsterdam, 1994

No comments: