catching up

Been a while...
I was out to Halifax for a week or so. Went to a wedding, ate some great food, had some drinks and spent time with my lovely lady.
Got back and went to see The Hives playing a show outside of their current gig opening for Maroon 5. They put on a great show, I've never been a huge fan of them but well worth it to see them in their element. There aren't too many bands on their level who put as much into the show as they do.
Friday took me out to Lee's Palace to see Magnolia Electic Co. who were good but their songs sort of blend into one another for me live. The last song of the set was awesome though. I was there more for The Watson Twins anyway. Aside from the fact that they played with Jenny Lewis and they're both gorgeous, they're also quite good. They have a quiet charm and some very beautiful songs; great sombre country/folk without feeling like they're going through the "female singer songwriter" motions.
Thanksgiving weekend equaled lots of food drink and movies.
Last night was back to Lee's for Nebula, Les Breastfeeders and Bonk. Lots of good rock n roll.

Here's a couple great tunes.
The Watson Twins - Friend Or Foe (I'm pretty much in love with these girls)
Bonk - Images

And here's the new Radiohead

No comments: