novembre

That's how the French say November...

So, Obama won to my surprise... I guess I expected a stronger showing for the ignorant portion of the US population, though it was McCain & Palin all the way in the south. Looks like the US made up for that huge mistake 4 years ago and picked the right Mr. November

Anyway, that's the whole of my political commentary cause there's a couple new releases that I've been waiting for. They both aren't going to win too many new fans but will play well for those who've already bought in...

Greg Dulli - Tonight
From the first official live release he's ever put out Live At Triple Door. At times his vocal limitations are put in the spotlight but it's still a pretty great collection with Petra Haden and Shawn Smith showing up....

Matthew Sweet - Feel Fear
I loved Living Things and Kimi Ga Suki Raifu a few years back, I think they were showing him at his best in terms of songwriting. There's some songs up to that par here but there's a few very weak links and the production sounds pretty amateur at times.

No comments: